Author Topic: Power Steering Assembly Questions  (Read 925 times)

Offline GarlicGreg

Power Steering Assembly Questions
« on: April 22, 2012, 07:56:17 PM »
So I finally got my power steering components back from rebuild. They look fantastic. Unfortunately I can't find my pics from disassembly. I have all of the Osborne Assembly Manuals as well as the Ford Service manual. I have some questions that are not addressed in those, so any help will be appreciated. I'm attaching some pics with my questions to help clarify.

To start I have a SJ built '65 coupe 200ci six with auto, PS & no air.

The first pic is of what I believe is the bracket/clip that holds the vacuum transmission kickdown line to the block/transmission. My question is does this go to the bolt that holds the transmission inspection cover or to the blot that holds the starter. Does go under one of those bolts or under the cover or engine plate depending on the proper location.

Second, the long black rod with the bolt in the end. I believe this rod supports the power steering pump but I can't remember where and how it attaches.

Third, The flat stock with two different sized holes, I believe that is the belt tension adjuster that goes from the block/timing cover to the PS pump bracket. My question on this one is what order does the end that goes to the block/timing cover? Block-Flat Stock-PS Bracket or some other order. The reason I ask this is that in the last pic the PS Bracket seems to have a gap when I test fit it.

Does anyone have any pics of SJ built '65 coupe 200ci six with auto, PS no air?

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Power Steering Assembly Questions
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 04:55:51 PM »
This is the only clip I've got a picture of on that type of application. Sorry not allot of 6 cylinder pictures

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)