Author Topic: Headlight switch, Wiper switch and cigar lighter bezels & knobs  (Read 1058 times)

Offline craig429

Has anyone seen the reproduction Headlight switch, Wiper switch and cigar lighter bezels & knobs for 69/70 Mustangs that can be bought through Laurel Mountain Mustang or Ohio Mustang?  I have seen them on Ebay saying they are exact. I am wondering if they are worth it.

Can the original bezels be rechromed, or will the texture and lettering be filled in?
1967 Mustang Sport Sprint Coupe 289 Auto, AC, PS, CA Smog, Built April 1967 in San Jose.  Unrestored, one family owned and in my possession since 1980.
1969 Mustang Mach1 390
1970 Mustang Mach 1 428SCJ Auto, PS, PDB, medium bright blue metallic with White Shaker, built Sept 12, 69 in Metuchen

Offline bbs428

• Retired navy brat
Re: Headlight switch, Wiper switch and cigar lighter bezels & knobs
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 11:54:38 PM »
Cost is the biggest factor to re-plating/chroming.  It's out of control these days.

I have had good luck with the Scott Drake line which is one of the vendors the mustang outlets buy from.

My original bezels, knobs, and switches are all in a baggie.  Everything works just fine and the bezel's look great.

One of these days I'll make me a little plastic-chrome vac machine once I understand all the processes involved.  ???

Yea...Right  ;D

Good luck!

Brett
Mach 1 428 cj "R" code 4spd. Royal Maroon. Built in San Jose 18 Feb, 1969.