Author Topic: Lightning Strikes Twice, Again -  (Read 1293 times)

Offline jwc66k

Lightning Strikes Twice, Again -
« on: December 27, 2011, 12:33:50 AM »
Well not quite, my 1965 Mustang GT Fastback is in another calendar, again, and on the cover, again. This makes 8 different calendars that car has been included and on two covers, the first was a 2000 cover.
http://www.amazon.com/Mustangs-Square-12X12-Calendar-Multilingual/dp/1421674521/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1324959169&sr=8-5
That's Fremont, CA in the background. The car is currently in my garage next to my 66 "K" Fastback, both on trickle charge. The photographer is Ron Kimball - http://www.ronkimballstock.com/ for a whole lot more car photos.
Jim
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 12:38:29 AM by jwc66k »
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline gjz30075

Re: Lightning Strikes Twice, Again -
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 11:13:43 AM »
Looks great!  Did you commission him?

Greg Z
Greg Z

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 12:29:16 PM »
Nope, the photographer contacted the Mustang club I belong to for a group of cars to use. My 65 got selected, I "auditioned" and was photographed. The club has had a couple dozen of its members cars photographed and many have been selected for calendars. One member has had her 68 hardtop featured in at least a 10 calendars and been in Mustang Monthly thanks to Jim Smart.
Jim   
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 03:01:39 PM »
Sidebar: when I went to Ron Kimball's studio to audition my car, I was directed to his studio office where he waved me to sit at his desk's chair why he was talking on the phone. On the wall over his desk were several pictures, among them; a cover of Time magazine showing the left rear quarter of a 57 Chevy; a two foot long picture of cheetah at full stride (the tail took up half the picture); a black and white picture of two airplanes on the ground on fire with four firemen preparing to open the fusalage, one with a CO2 bottle, one with an ax, two on a hose. When Ron got off the phone I commented on the pictures, especially the black and white one as I remember the incident where a P3 Orion and a NASA Convair 770 collided then crashed into the Sunnyvale golf course just short of the runway at Moffett Field, CA. I was impressed and asked the typical dumb question - did you take all these?. Ron said, "Yes, all but one, I'm the guy with the ax." Ron's a retired Mountain View,CA fireman.
Jim