Author Topic: underhood insulation  (Read 1318 times)

Offline 70cj428

underhood insulation
« on: December 11, 2011, 02:33:28 PM »
Looking thru the dearborn assembly line photos on the site I noticed that in image 37 it shows a 70 mach1 with black underhood insulation. I tried to enlarge the image and it appears to be a non AC cleveland car but I may be wrong. My 428 Mach1 had the black plastic clips installed underneath that held the insulation up when I bought it in 1983 but no mat. ( the car had 53K hard miles on it.)  My question... Does anyone have any thoughts of ideas on which cars got insulation??  This is one area that seems to recieve almost no attention from the resto community and I'm guessing that there is nothing available if your car had insulation originally....
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 03:40:45 PM by 70cj428 »

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: underhood insulation
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 02:57:43 PM »
........................ My question... Does anyone have any thoughts of ideas on which cars got insulation?? 

Will look through what I have for 70 only (don't want to muddy the waters ;)

This is one area that seems to recieve almost no attention from the resto community and I'm guessing that there is nothing available if yoour car had insulation originally....

There are "reproduction" pads available unlike any of the original stuff IMHO. Have a couple fo friends with 69's that need the stuff and what we find in yards is typically not reusable.  Cougars appear to be the best option so far but no luck for them there yet
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)