Author Topic: Inside sealer of the front fenders - 67 San Jose  (Read 1706 times)

Offline roddster

Inside sealer of the front fenders - 67 San Jose
« on: September 11, 2011, 04:47:58 AM »
OK Jeff, got any photos of how sealer was sprayed on the inside of the front fenders?  In case you need it, October 1966 built, San Jose assembled  67 GT 350.
   Well, there was sealer sprayed on my car as I never removed all of it the first time I took it apart roughtly 36 years ago.  Seems some was sprayed along where the rubber sealer strips touched the fender, but, there is evidence of sealer being spray around more than that.
Thanks in advance.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 08:41:43 PM by J_Speegle »

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Inside sealer of the front fenders
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 05:47:08 PM »
OK Jeff, got any photos of how sealer was sprayed on the inside of the front fenders? 

Spray "sealer" on the fenders??

Are you describing the sprayed sound deadener or sealer?  Don't recall any sealer in that location  since that would ahve to have been applied near the end of assembly where the sealers were typically done before paint or soon after
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline roddster

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 10:43:30 PM »
Yes, on the inside of the fender.  Seems if you think of the wheel opening as a clock, then 10 to 12, and 1 to 3 o'clock.  Not so much over the top of the wheel.  And, it was pretty much a thin coating.  It's all off now but if something needs to go back on there, I'm ready to do that too.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 11:30:53 PM »
Yes, on the inside of the fender.  Seems if you think of the wheel opening as a clock, then 10 to 12, and 1 to 3 o'clock.  Not so much over the top of the wheel. ...

Ok - your not looking for the application to the inner fenders but the fender itself. Don't see allot of them done at San Jose in 67 (or any year)  but will fins and post
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)