Author Topic: New durable battery test OK sticker  (Read 598 times)

Offline Raytags

New durable battery test OK sticker
« on: July 09, 2024, 01:41:47 PM »
Hi!
New durable battery test OK sticker available for only 7.99 Canadian.
Same finish and texture of the paper sticker.
See this video:

Thanks!  Ray

Offline 67gta289

Re: New durable battery test OK sticker
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2024, 02:08:55 PM »
Since this is a Concours-centric site, I suspect that most will prefer to use the correct original paper-based product.  I wanted to point this out just in case there are some that are unaware of this.
John
67 289 GTA Dec 20 1966 San Jose
7R02C156xxx
MCA 74660

Offline Raytags

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2024, 10:16:24 AM »
These stickers are identical to what is sold on the market with the same paper finish when it is stuck in place no judge could see that it was not paper. And the difference is that it will remain in good condition for several years instead of a few months. Thanks!  Ray
« Last Edit: July 15, 2024, 09:56:31 AM by Raytags »

Offline carlite65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2024, 02:21:44 PM »
How?
5F09C331248

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2024, 03:03:40 PM »
These stickers are identical to what is sold on the market with the same paper finish when it is stuck in place no judge could see that it was not paper. And the difference is that it will remain in good condition for several years instead of a few months. These stickers are identical to what is sold on the market with the same paper finish when it is stuck in place no judge could see that it was not paper. And the difference is that it will remain in good condition for several years instead of a few months. Thanks!  Ray

Respectfully disagree.

You can tell from the surface (smooth verses rough - shinny verses a flatter non-shinny) and often then edges the difference (thickness and the paper grain)  between paper and vinyl. Have deducted (in some classes) for this before but more often than not the stamping and information applied is also incorrect for either the plant or production year. Yes the vinyl is what everyone else is selling and it will last much much longer than the original but that could be consider the negative side since the original paper would wrinkle and change from the day it was applied. IF its smooth and shinny then it will really show the difference IMHO in  the looks.

For most people who drive and use their cars the vynil is a better choice if stamped correctly. Originals were uncoated unlike most of the engine compartment stickers so they were not meant to survive for any length of time and were only important for the workers at the plant  and nothing after that point in time.

In full disclosure - I've reproduced the original paper stickers for decades but never advertised or mentioned it publicly. Really never made a profit from providing them and often have just suggested a small donation to the site be made. Like many things I make and provide I don't want all of this to become my "day job"  :)

Maybe We should get a few of each, show details and then compare them to originals in a thread rather than in the for sale section. Would be a week or two before I'll have that ability to assemble my pictures
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2024, 03:15:46 PM »
Jeff,
Have you considered spraying the paper stickers with Scotch-Guard? I've used Scotch-Guard on cardboard heater plenums as a moisture inhibitor and surface protector.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2024, 02:00:39 PM »
Jeff,
Have you considered spraying the paper stickers with Scotch-Guard? I've used Scotch-Guard on cardboard heater plenums as a moisture inhibitor and surface protector.
Jim

Tried that and six other products. Differences were minor according to those that got and used them.  Typically supply 4-6 of them so I don't have to continue making them and the owners keeping them somewhat "fresh" looking for their purposes

Same for Dearborn inspector stickers
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)