Author Topic: Shaker vacuum line  (Read 1541 times)

Offline grabberblue

Shaker vacuum line
« on: May 28, 2024, 11:53:22 PM »
Might anyone know where to acquire the blue stripped vacuum line that runs from the tee to the vacuum canister on the back of the mid-plate? What's generally available is for the flat hood air cleaner and that line is 22". It's definitely to short, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Dan

Offline fla2005

Re: Shaker vacuum line
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2024, 12:09:17 PM »
Usually in the vacuum line kit available from parts companies such as NPD.

Offline RocketScientist

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2024, 02:10:31 AM »
Dan, I found the kits to be random - one had the line too short and the other just right and there was nothing on the packaging to tell the difference.
Brad

Offline RoyceP

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2024, 11:22:32 AM »
Might anyone know where to acquire the blue stripped vacuum line that runs from the tee to the vacuum canister on the back of the mid-plate? What's generally available is for the flat hood air cleaner and that line is 22". It's definitely to short, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Dan

This kit is labeled "Distributor vacuum lines" but it includes all the vacuum hoses. [size=78%]https://www.martiauto.com/itemselection.cfm?item=DVK-1&selecteditem=yes[/size]
1968 W code 427 Cougar XR-7 GTE Feb 23 Dearborn C6 / 3.50 open
1968 R code 428CJ Cougar XR-7 May 13 Dearborn C6 / 3.91 T - Lock

Offline grabberblue

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2024, 01:10:48 AM »
Thank you for the replies. I contacted Jack Brooks at Dead Nuts On and the kit he sells the blue strip hose is 31" long. More than enough for a shaker air cleaner. I purchased the kit and I'll post the fitment results as soon as I get it.

Dan

Offline grabberblue

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2024, 11:09:00 PM »
The kit that Jack sells (DNO), the blue striped vacuum hose has more than enough for a shaker hood. I installed it and there was left over that I had to cut. Just wanted to bring closure to my post.

Dan