Author Topic: tires rotation  (Read 1577 times)

Offline graceGt500

tires rotation
« on: August 05, 2024, 06:35:41 PM »
how often do you guys rotate the tires on your classic Mustangs?  I only put about maybe 1,000 miles a year on the car and change the oil once a year but I haven't rotated the tires since I got them back in 2019.  Thoughts?  Opinions?

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: tires rotation
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2024, 07:48:57 PM »
Given the few miles many of our cars see on the road I've never rotated the tires on many of my cars. More concern of them getting to old to be safe rather than wearing them out equally. One concern could be that rotating them too often you'll never see the warning signs of issues or problems that worn tires can indicate
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2024, 07:52:43 PM »
how often do you guys rotate the tires on your classic Mustangs?  I only put about maybe 1,000 miles a year on the car and change the oil once a year but I haven't rotated the tires since I got them back in 2019.  Thoughts?  Opinions?
I'm "old school". I prefer oil and filter changes every 3,000 miles. My tires are a done in a 4 tire rotation pattern (my spare is THE original 66 Dual Redline Rubber - it still has the rubber "nubs" on it and never has been on the ground) around 5,000 miles (they usually get a "flat spot" from sitting).
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline dave6768

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2024, 09:52:09 PM »
I wish I would drive mine enough to actually require a rotation.  I might get 1000 miles per year.