Author Topic: Shock tower top/Front upper shock bracket finish- 66 NJ  (Read 579 times)

Offline Richdowl

Shock tower top/Front upper shock bracket finish- 66 NJ
« on: June 17, 2024, 02:24:58 PM »
How about a 66 model year august 65 build date Metuchen NJ coupe? Would they also be semi-black finish bolts? What about the nuts? Thanks in advance
1966 GT Coupe A code 4 speed
Built August 30th Metuchen, NJ Factory
VIN# 6T07A101612

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: Shock tower top/Front upper shock bracket finish- 66 NJ
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2024, 02:35:23 PM »
How about a 66 model year august 65 build date Metuchen NJ coupe? Would they also be semi-black finish bolts? What about the nuts? Thanks in advance
Black too. Bolts and nuts are bright zinc.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2024, 04:14:27 PM »
There was a thread questioning the painting color and method of the shock towers and the conclusion, I believe, was the towers were "dip painted", not sprayed, and were semi-gloss black. Dipping parts often has a "slightly glossier" finish than the same color/finish sprayed paint. 
I would also direct your attention to this forum's librady under topic: "Mustang Hardware Spreadsheets 64-66". There are two files, one by application (where the hardware item is used) the other by Ford hardware part number (plus a few Ford engineering part numbers are included).
The majority of items listed are referenced in the "Mustang Assembly Manuals", available from most Mustang parts sellers.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2024, 05:23:03 PM »
Admin Note: The following post was originally posted in a different thread focusing on production at another plant so to keep things neat and to make it easier for others with cars built at the same plant a new thread was started  ;)

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)