Author Topic: 1970 A/C hose details  (Read 457 times)

Offline BHStang

1970 A/C hose details
« on: November 02, 2023, 06:28:51 PM »
Does anyone have any good pictures of original A/C hoses.  I am curious about plating finish dichromate (yellow/gold) or bright silver on the threaded ends.  I have the ability to plate and chromate myself so I can modify reproductions fairly easily.   Also curious of any labeling ink stamped or otherwise.  I looked at the unrestored picture threads but could not tell if I was seeing dichromate or just simply patina.  Also as related any labeling part number or date code on the dryer assembly?
1970 Mach 1
H Code 351C 2v
DAP June 10, 1970
4 Speed Close
AC, PS, Power disk, Shaker, Rear Spoiler

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 1970 A/C hose details
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2023, 07:02:08 PM »
Will look to see what I have in pictures. Of course dichromate if used will have likely lost its "luster" over time but we will see what we can discover.

The dryer would have had a paper label with an engineering number and a date stamp on the upper left area of that label.  Typical uncoated paper based sticker/label that can be printed/reproduced.
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: 1970 A/C hose details
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2023, 10:26:34 PM »
Does anyone have any good pictures of original A/C hoses.  I am curious about plating finish dichromate (yellow/gold) or bright silver on the threaded ends.  I have the ability to plate and chromate myself so I can modify reproductions fairly easily.   Also curious of any labeling ink stamped or otherwise.  I looked at the unrestored picture threads but could not tell if I was seeing dichromate or just simply patina.  Also as related any labeling part number or date code on the dryer assembly?
The long hoses typically had the zinc silver . Many times the short hose going from the dryer to the compressor had the fittings, line and crimping zinc dichromate.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby