Author Topic: 68 SJ seat paper tag  (Read 440 times)

Offline ruppstang

68 SJ seat paper tag
« on: October 11, 2023, 12:39:02 AM »
I found this tag on our 68 unrestored High Country Special rear seat back. It is one that I have not seen before.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2023, 01:26:43 AM by J_Speegle »

Offline jwc66k

Re: 68 SJ seat paper tag
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2023, 03:54:15 PM »
It's the Ford assembly line inventory part number for a pack of 10 frame pieces from a supplier. Earlier cars used a metal tag. Keep it.
Jim
« Last Edit: October 13, 2023, 01:26:36 AM by J_Speegle »
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2023, 01:26:26 AM »
Seen a few before. Believe this was additional to the metal tag installed on the seat springs that identified the seat spring. Likely transported in bulk from the supplier on a pallet (seats were built at the car plants as shown in one of the factory focused threads) so like exposed bundles of parts one was marked to indicate the number in the group and information important to those responsible for their transportation to the car plants.

Here are a couple for prior years. Upper left is the back side of  a shipping tag indicating San Jose plant. Lower right is a shipping label for a group of 10 rear seat cushion springs. Coding also includes SJ-15. Wonder if this indicates San Jose plant also. Identical to your later paper tag though more bleached from exposure to possibly the sun in a yard

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline ruppstang

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2023, 09:35:46 AM »
The usual metal tags are on the seats as well.

When I first got this car and was cleaning up the under carriage, I found the small wire and red tag reinforcement attached to the floor pan. It must have been the same type of factory shipping/inventory tag.