Author Topic: 66 San Jose Convertible Rubber insulator ID?  (Read 599 times)

Offline 21.04

66 San Jose Convertible Rubber insulator ID?
« on: October 10, 2023, 11:04:51 PM »
I have a July 1, SJ '66 projected build HP assembly line GT Conv.  Found a pair of these rubber insulators blocks behind the rear seat bottom just below the dual ex hanger plates and next to bottom seat clip face down.  One on driver side and one on pass side.  Not really securing anything.  Each block has some red body paint and a little black body seal or undercoating.  They are appox 4" x 2.5" x 1."  Has anyone seen these before or know where they belong on the car or what they might have been used for?  I assume a previous owner did not pull these out of a garage and use as shims of some sort as they do look like they have original paint and sealant on them.   
« Last Edit: October 13, 2023, 12:49:46 AM by J_Speegle »
66 K code Conv GT red/red deluxe 4 spd
66 A code Conv Non-GT black/red deluxe 3 spd
66 Sprint Conv Unrestored Green/blk std 3 spd

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 66 San Jose Convertible Rubber insulator ID?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2023, 12:53:08 AM »
I've not seen those before but not a guy that has owned many convertibles. Since there is a slit in them I would guess that they might have been edge protection for something and if so would have to be something sheet metal if they were thrown or dropped in the interior and received body color and seam sealer or sound deadener overspray

Going to retitle the thread and move it to the 66 section to get more eyes on the post and if an edge protector or something else maybe someone has seen or found one on a car from a different plant. Starting with a big wide net to begin with  ;)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)