Author Topic: 66 San Jose service decal upside down?  (Read 821 times)

Offline Karguy99

66 San Jose service decal upside down?
« on: May 29, 2023, 01:12:04 AM »
This picture is of an October 65 San Jose built K code, actually 6s281. I?ve seen pictures on this site of some strange production mistakes. Is it uncommon to have the engine compartment sticker installed upside down?
Just curious. Thanks in advance, Karl
« Last Edit: May 29, 2023, 05:27:42 PM by J_Speegle »

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: Upside down?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2023, 01:31:51 AM »
This picture is of an October 65 San Jose built K code, actually 6s281. I?ve seen pictures on this site of some strange production mistakes. Is it uncommon to have the engine compartment sticker installed upside down?
Yes it is much more uncommon then right side up. I can imagine the line inspector seeing that and rolling his eyes but letting it go because it did not cause a big enough problem worthy of a change . Of course it also could be something that totally got missed .Those are the kind of mistakes that many have a hard time correcting in a restoration for example.
 Since it is not a "cool" mistake IMO it doesn't hurt the integrity of the car to make it the way it was meant to be but that is just me.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Upside down?
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2023, 05:25:42 PM »

Yes very uncommon for that worker if the regular line worker assigned to that task, to place it like that and not something Ford wanted done. 
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
Re: 66 San Jose service decal upside down?
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2023, 12:10:27 AM »
Maybe the car was destined for Australia?  Bwahahahaha!
Midlife Harness Restorations - http://midlifeharness.com

Offline NC TRACKRAT

Re: 66 San Jose service decal upside down?
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2023, 01:16:49 PM »
FWIW, among the pictures passed along to us when we purchased 6S1467, was a picture of the service sticker before restoration...and it's upside.