Author Topic: Midland VS Bendix: Spacer between booster & Master Cylinder  (Read 439 times)

Offline Angela

Midland VS Bendix: Spacer between booster & Master Cylinder
« on: December 05, 2022, 01:54:49 PM »
Is the oval-shaped Aluminum & plastic spacer supposed to be used between the master cylinder and both Bendix and Midland boosters? Or, is this vent/spacer only used on Midland-equipped cars?  The spacer/vents I have appear to fit both boosters.
If the answer is specific to production year, please let me know. I am specifically asking about model year 1970.
Thanks!

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
Re: Midland VS Bendix: Spacer between booster & Master Cylinder
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2022, 02:24:10 PM »
Aluminum and plastic spacer (with the foam filter) was used solely on the Midland boosters.
West Coast Classic has the best YouTube video known to me, for identifying the boosters and correct parts. I don't think a Midland booster was used at the factory on the 1970's but I'm sure some have been swapped onto them throughout the last 52 years.
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
Re: Midland VS Bendix: Spacer between booster & Master Cylinder
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2022, 02:26:02 PM »

Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments