Author Topic: 67 Sport Sprint ?  (Read 5943 times)

Offline bwross

67 Sport Sprint ?
« on: March 08, 2010, 12:38:37 PM »
Greetings all,

I have a 67 with 6-cylinder that has been confirmed by Marti report as having come with the Sport Sprint package.  What I'm wondering is if anyone knows exactly what features that entails?  What I know thus far is:
1. Chrome airfilter cover with Sport Sprint decal.
2. Chrome rocker panel under the doors.
3. Vinyl gear shift cover.

It has the turn signals in the hood but I've been lead to believe that this was a late year appearance option and not associated with the SS package.

What else am I missing?

thanks,
Bruce

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
Re: 67 Sport Sprint ?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 01:21:40 PM »
The hood was part of the Sport Sprint option, but for the hood to be installed on non-Sprint cars, the exterior decor group had to be ordered.  I have a '67 sport sprint convertible, but it is a V8.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline 66kcoupe

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 01:27:28 PM »
I believe the louvered hood was also part of the Sprint package, I had a '67 V8 Sprint coupe and it had the rocker trim, louvered hood and chrome air cleaner lid. Mine had the chrome wheel lip moulding too which may or may not have been part of the group depending on which list you read.
1966 Mustang Hipo Coupe, in the family since new (unrestored)
1991 Mustang LX 5.0 Notchback (daily driver)

Offline craig429

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 06:55:21 PM »
My Sport Sprint came with F70 14 tires.  Were the F70 14 part of the Sport Sprint package?
1967 Mustang Sport Sprint Coupe 289 Auto, AC, PS, CA Smog, Built April 1967 in San Jose.  Unrestored, one family owned and in my possession since 1980.
1969 Mustang Mach1 390
1970 Mustang Mach 1 428SCJ Auto, PS, PDB, medium bright blue metallic with White Shaker, built Sept 12, 69 in Metuchen

Offline yelostang

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 02:29:04 PM »
I bought a Sport Sprint new in June '67. It had TS hood, chrome aircleaner lid, rocker mldgs, flip open gas cap., vinyl covered shift handle. Believe the two latter were part of Sprint pkge. It had regular WW tires, full wheel covers, Additionally, it had Fact Air, Tglass,  289 2V, At, Dark Moss Green, black vinyl top, and woodgrain steering wheel, standard black interior.
Strangely, it had NO power steering but dealer installed it. Service mgr said they wouldn't have done it if car did NOT have rag joint coupled steering box. Under hood, had the hard plastic washer container.
When car was about a year old, broke a PS belt. Gas station was a mile from Ford dealer and they had to take it there to get correct belt. It had the crappiest AC!!

A little sidebar on car. It was NOT a good car and early on, heard a noise in engine. Service mgr couldn't hear it and even drove car home. On a whim, took it to The Holman-Moody racing boat place on Miami River. They were using Ford engines. Guy took it for a ride, came back and called Courtesy Ford, told service mgr what was wrong and they changed the short block. Pissed as they put the block in UNPAINTED!! A bunch of putzes! Drove car until May, 1969 and traded it in on a 69 Impala Custom Cpe WITH cold AC!!
Sometime later, saw the woman in traffic with car-recognized parking sticker in window. Caught her at a light, told her it was my car. She said everything that could break, broke!! Obviously a Monday car!! LOL!

Offline craig429

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 03:47:15 PM »
My A/C works very well, with the fan at the lowest range, I generally will have to turn the temperature control to a warmer position to prevent from freezing my wife and I and she likes it cold.

When Ford was had the Sport Sprint promotion in Spring of 67, they also had a special on A/C to increase A/C sales.
1967 Mustang Sport Sprint Coupe 289 Auto, AC, PS, CA Smog, Built April 1967 in San Jose.  Unrestored, one family owned and in my possession since 1980.
1969 Mustang Mach1 390
1970 Mustang Mach 1 428SCJ Auto, PS, PDB, medium bright blue metallic with White Shaker, built Sept 12, 69 in Metuchen

Offline dave6768

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 11:09:25 PM »
White Wall tires and full wheel covers were also part of the package.  Flip open gas cap was not.  Wheel lip moldings were not part, only with the exterior decor group.

Offline timber67

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2011, 12:07:08 AM »
Here is an ad for 67 sports sprint:

« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 10:22:14 PM by timber67 »
7T01T - Early 67, Metuchen, NJ, 2 Door Hardtop, 200 1v I6