Author Topic: Antenna identification help  (Read 578 times)

Offline hertz350

Antenna identification help
« on: March 26, 2022, 01:25:18 AM »
I have 2 NOS antennas. Looking for a consensus on which one is the "most" correct for what we would expect was installed at the San Jose plant in March of 66.

The first one came in a FoMoCo box. It has Fomoco in yellow script on the cable and a separate rubber washier/plug to fit on the cable.
The second one has Fomoco in white script and an integral rubber washer/plug to fit on the cable.

Which one is the most "correct"?

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: Antenna identification help
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2022, 02:28:08 AM »
I have 2 NOS antennas. Looking for a consensus on which one is the "most" correct for what we would expect was installed at the San Jose plant in March of 66.

The first one came in a FoMoCo box. It has Fomoco in yellow script on the cable and a separate rubber washier/plug to fit on the cable.
The second one has Fomoco in white script and an integral rubber washer/plug to fit on the cable.

Which one is the most "correct"?
I think ether is fine however I typically see white more. Both of your antennas are service replacement but I just double checked about 10 65/66 antenna leads that I am confident were original equipment that I have taken from used 65/66 Mustangs and they were all white which confirms my percentages . If it were my car and I had a choice I would go with the white.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline hertz350

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2022, 12:29:25 PM »
Thanks for the recommendation.

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2022, 03:57:18 PM »
I have 2 NOS antennas.
Was there a Ford service part number on the box, and if so, what was it?
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline hertz350

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2022, 06:49:33 PM »
There is not a number on the Fomoco marked box.

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2022, 07:01:59 PM »
You may want to post a picture to verify that you in fact have a 65/66 style antenna. The 65/66 style is by far the most common in service parts.  If you push the top ball mast section down as far as it will go then it will be a inch or two from completely collapsing down on the second section.  The mast on the 67/68 is slightly different .The 67/68 style will collapse completely down to the second section. They are identical other then on some of the 67/68 style the ground plain piece will have a engineering number starting with C7 apposed to C5 . 
« Last Edit: March 26, 2022, 07:04:26 PM by Bob Gaines »
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline hertz350

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2022, 01:04:45 PM »
Hi. I checked and the antenna I am using collapses you described and does not have an engineering on the cable ground. Thanks for pointing that out.