Author Topic: Who can make a 66 deluxe door panel for t-bred car?  (Read 596 times)

Offline 21.04

Who can make a 66 deluxe door panel for t-bred car?
« on: March 24, 2022, 05:48:36 PM »
Does anyone have a lead to a company that could make a 66 deluxe door panel for t-bred class car?  I've inspected panels from 4 major manufactures and none of them have the right color match for 66 red.  TMI is the closest and also has very similar firmness of insulation.  I do have NOS upholstery but I'm not getting very far with TMI to use my upholstery on their panels to get anything close to t-bred standards.   Also have not found any vinyl dyes with correct metallic red either. 

-Matt
66 K code Conv GT red/red deluxe 4 spd
66 A code Conv Non-GT black/red deluxe 3 spd
66 Sprint Conv Unrestored Green/blk std 3 spd

Offline carlite65

• Global Moderator
Re: Who can make a 66 deluxe door panel for t-bred car?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2022, 05:50:10 PM »
T-bred cars are not allowed to use reproduction parts according to MCA rules. is that where you are heading?
5F09C331248

Offline 21.04

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2022, 11:31:33 PM »
Just the opposite.  I have NOS upholstery in a roll and looking for a manufacturer to make a panel out of the material I have.  The correct color of 66 red deluxe panel is not reproduced.  I know of at least one well know member on the site who has restored tbred cars that have done this.  I just don't have any contacts. 

-Matt
66 K code Conv GT red/red deluxe 4 spd
66 A code Conv Non-GT black/red deluxe 3 spd
66 Sprint Conv Unrestored Green/blk std 3 spd

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2022, 12:58:34 AM »
Just the opposite.  I have NOS upholstery in a roll and looking for a manufacturer to make a panel out of the material I have.  The correct color of 66 red deluxe panel is not reproduced.  I know of at least one well know member on the site who has restored tbred cars that have done this.  I just don't have any contacts. 

-Matt
Technically it isn't supposed to happen as you say and consequently is not talked about because of that . If you can't tell the difference and there is no reason to suspect a repro then the need to enforce the rule would not come up. If it is known to be a repro regardless of how genuine it looks technically there will be blow back. Your public forum request has probably raised a few eyebrows.  Is there a reason you haven't asked the well known member who has done this before about helping you ? You may have to get the job done using that person as a go between if he doesn't want to give up his source. It isn't out of the ordinary for a lot of time ,effort and money to develop trial and error contacts. That is something to consider when discussing a need for help. Just some of my observations.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby