Author Topic: Question regarding 69 Tilt-Away Wiring  (Read 905 times)

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
Question regarding 69 Tilt-Away Wiring
« on: April 07, 2021, 10:38:36 PM »
Got a 69 tilt-away harness in with the underdash harness, and both are complete.  However, the NSS plugs (male and female inline) near the ignition switch were disconnected.  I know the 1968 version has the tilt-away interrupt the NSS line, but it appears the 69 version does not.  The Ford schematics show something plugging into the NSS plugs near the ignition switch.  Nothing that was sent to me has those connections.
Question: Does the 69 tilt-away interrupt the NSS line?  If so, what actually interrupts that line?
Midlife Harness Restorations - http://midlifeharness.com

Offline cobra427

Re: Question regarding 69 Tilt-Away Wiring
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2021, 04:22:45 PM »
I know the 69s have a switch that if the column is not locked into position the car will not start.  Is this what you are talking about?

Gary 
Currently working on a 68 GT500 #00563  Build date 13 Feb 68 NJ car.

Gary Ross

Offline 69GT350H

• 1 of 10 Hertz Rentals from Miami Int Airport
    • RedsHost is my private forum and photo gallery site
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2021, 08:30:47 PM »
I just replaced my turn signal switch in my 69 w/ tilt-a-way. The interruption switch is not in that harness, but instead on the vacuum motor. There is a relay involved as well as an extra door switch. I believe the 68 and 69 use the same components?
Accurate looking but not a Concours Restoration/build. See my build photo gallery at 69GT350 Hertz Build

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2021, 01:40:47 AM »
I just replaced my turn signal switch in my 69 w/ tilt-a-way. The interruption switch is not in that harness, but instead on the vacuum motor. There is a relay involved as well as an extra door switch. I believe the 68 and 69 use the same components?
The bracket for the vacuum pod and relays/solenoid is different between 68 and 69 however the components mounted to the bracket will interchange with the different year brackets.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby