Author Topic: Plastic grommets used for wire loom protection  (Read 454 times)

Offline 3.25posi

Plastic grommets used for wire loom protection
« on: September 27, 2020, 08:15:31 PM »
I need help finding replacements for several plastic grommets. The first are the ones that are used to protect the headlight and parking light wire loom, where it comes through the inner-fender into the headlight bucket. Next, is the one at the bottom of the headlight bucket where the wire loom exits. This one contains the wires for the parking lights. Lastly, there is a hole inside the body, just behind the drivers door, where the wiring harness travels along from under the door sill, to the trunk. That hole also had a plastic grommet in the hole to protect the harness where it went through it. See pictures. The grommets are two different sizes, the larger one in the inner-fender and body, the smaller one in the headlight bucket. Anyone know where to source new ones? I've looked and can't seem to find them. Perhaps I don't know what they're called, plastic grommets to me. Thanks, Denny
Mid-March 1966 Fastback

Offline 67gta289

Re: Plastic grommets used for wire loom protection
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2020, 09:32:44 PM »
I've got a couple of these, about 1-1/2" diameter just pulled off a 65 in a junkyard.  Where the headlight wire harness goes through the driver's side inner fender.  I have a few other sizes also.  I would think Randy (Midlife) would have a cache as well.

PM me if interested.  John
John
67 289 GTA Dec 20 1966 San Jose
7R02C156xxx
MCA 74660

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2020, 09:50:22 PM »
I don't have those types of grommets. Sorry.I thought the door pillar grommets were repro'ed...
Midlife Harness Restorations - http://midlifeharness.com

Offline sgl66

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2020, 10:29:54 PM »
I know AMK has the grommets for the headlight bucket however they have a $30 minimum order if you buy direct.  https://www.amkproducts.com/product/b-10234/

Search their catalog and you can probably find the others too.

I believe Virginia Mustang or NPD both sell AMK products

66 GT 6T09K12---- scheduled Oct 14, bucked Oct 13 '65

Offline 3.25posi

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2020, 12:35:13 PM »
Thanks everyone for your help. As always, I appreciate having the members of this site as a resource. Denny
Mid-March 1966 Fastback