Author Topic: Service Specification decal - mat ot reflective finish?  (Read 469 times)

Offline desmo

Service Specification decal - mat ot reflective finish?
« on: August 16, 2020, 03:51:02 PM »
Hi guys,

I'm refreshing the engine compartment and wanted to replace the service decal, ordered a 1964.5 Jim Osborn reproduction decal kit.

Noticed the decal on the car is reflective but the one in the kit is mat finish, are these both correct for a Dearborn July 24,1964 built car? Online search is showing the reflective type only.

Who makes the reflective type? Didn't find a vendor selling this type online.

Cheers!

« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 03:53:31 PM by desmo »

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: Service Specification decal - mat ot reflective finish?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2020, 08:28:35 PM »
Hi guys,

I'm refreshing the engine compartment and wanted to replace the service decal, ordered a 1964.5 Jim Osborn reproduction decal kit.

Noticed the decal on the car is reflective but the one in the kit is mat finish, are these both correct for a Dearborn July 24,1964 built car? Online search is showing the reflective type only.

Who makes the reflective type? Didn't find a vendor selling this type online.

Cheers!
ECS typically has the most authentic offerings. You can inquire further. https://ecs-automotive-concepts.myshopify.com/
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2020, 01:08:01 AM »
Maybe someone with a new original (unapplied) will post. 
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2020, 03:26:49 AM »
The NOS one we put on SFM5S003 was shiny.  I sent it to ECS for them to make a few reproductions, they should have the artwork to make them correctly.

Unfortunately, the Osborne one is pretty far off in details compared to an original.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin