Author Topic: 66 SJ Coupe and FB engine bay brake lines  (Read 537 times)

Offline WindyCityStang

66 SJ Coupe and FB engine bay brake lines
« on: May 27, 2020, 04:26:10 PM »
Hi, I'm working on installing the break(brake) lines in the engine compartment. I have two cars under construction at the same time. They are of the 215xxx serial number. The coupe I've had for 35 years and the FB 6 years.  I'm having a hard time finding some pictures to see where the brake line retaining clips mount to. They are disc brake cars. The area of difficulty to find is by the master cylinder and fender apron. Does anyone out there have some good pictures of this area to see where things go. I've tried to use the Osborn books,but there just line drawings. Not a very good one at that.

Thanks
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 04:53:49 PM by carlite65 »

Offline jwc66k

Re: 66 SJ Cupe and FB engine bay brake lines
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 04:40:17 PM »
Unless you've replace the firewall and/or the left hand fender apron, the existing holes should give you pretty much all you nead to reinstall the brake lines providing they were pre-bent.
Jim
Back to the Space-X launch.
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 66 SJ Coupe and FB engine bay brake lines
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2020, 04:59:00 PM »
Only two of them. Sorry for the unclean but unrestored pictures. Remember that these may have been coated with firewall sealant ( that was the instruction and plan). You can see evidence on both in the lower close-ups

Hope this helps

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline WindyCityStang

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2020, 06:39:45 PM »
Thanks for the pictures Jeff. The one above the steering tube is the one I'm missing. I bought a brake hardware kit from a local Mustang shop that was from AMK. It didn't have that double clip in the pack. Does anyone know if that is sold through a Mustang supplier ? If so who might have it ? Also is that second brake line the rear to front line?

Thanks All...

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2020, 07:31:21 PM »
Thanks for the pictures Jeff. The one above the steering tube is the one I'm missing. I bought a brake hardware kit from a local Mustang shop that was from AMK. It didn't have that double clip in the pack. Does anyone know if that is sold through a Mustang supplier ?

Sorry can't help with that one never had to purchase one out of a catalog. Suggest you check on line with Virginia Mustang or NPD in their list. One or both will carry it if its available most of the time

Also is that second brake line the rear to front line?

Difficult to see in the top picture but you can make out that the lower tube at the one double retainer travels downward as it moves to the center of the car, and to the transmission/driveline tunnel
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline WindyCityStang

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2020, 08:17:51 PM »
I'll check those two places to see if one of them offers it. Thanks for all the help.