Author Topic: 7.35X14-4 Ply Rated White Sidewall Tires  (Read 665 times)

Offline don.piotrek

• 12/1/1967: a '68 Dearborn C-code coupe
7.35X14-4 Ply Rated White Sidewall Tires
« on: July 23, 2019, 11:40:33 AM »
This is what says my Marti report about the tires.
The renovated car will be mostly a daily driver with modern tires, but for being well period-correct I am thinking of getting an original spare tire. I have already found the original jack and wrench. What are your opinions on that? I have seen here and there some old rusty stangs with still decent original tires that I could get, have cleaned and put in the trunk.
But... how should the tire look like exactly to match the Marti report? Plain black sidewalls with thin white stripe? Any lettering? What manufacturer? What kind of thread on the tire?

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 7.35X14-4 Ply Rated White Sidewall Tires
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019, 06:16:32 PM »
Could not find any examples with the 7.35x14 white wall tire option but have the following that might help

There is a couple of pictures of a 6.95x14 4 ply I took pictures from a 68 bench seat coupe shown in the Picture Thread Section of the site. Its a Firestone Deluxe Champion. Very similar to many I've removed from trunks. In the example mentioned it was from a San Jose built car but others have been from other plants

Firestone Deluxe Champion could also be found on the sidewall of the Wide oval 70 series tires

In example #2 - 68 Dearborn  (also has a thread in the Picture section but only one poor picture) that car has/had a 6.95 Uniroyal

Example #3 - 68 Dearborn (Also in the Picture thread) That car had a BF Goodrich

Each suppliers tire will look different from the others.

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)