Author Topic: 1966 fuel sending unit part number?  (Read 1121 times)

Offline Morsel

1966 fuel sending unit part number?
« on: January 23, 2019, 03:54:07 PM »
Curious if anyone has handy the part number for a 1966 C6 fuel sending unit. The car if that helps is a 1966 February 10th San Jose K-Code.

Thanks,

Jason
February 10th 1966 - San Jose - Factory GT K-Code Automatic, Candy Apple Red Fastback, Black Standard Interior

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
Re: 1966 fuel sending unit part number?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 05:15:46 PM »
MPC has COZZ-9275-C
Midlife Harness Restorations - http://midlifeharness.com

Offline Morsel

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 05:31:05 PM »
Never mind, finally found it in my previous emails...

Stamped number should be C6ZF-9275-A

for people looking this up in the future ;)

Thanks,

Jason
February 10th 1966 - San Jose - Factory GT K-Code Automatic, Candy Apple Red Fastback, Black Standard Interior

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 08:02:21 PM »
The number changed from the C4ZF to C6ZF sometime around Nov/Dec 65.  Have seen 5L dated C4ZF units.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2019, 01:08:09 PM »
Never mind, finally found it in my previous emails...

Stamped number should be C6ZF-9275-A

for people looking this up in the future ;)

Thanks,

Jason
No harm no foul but for future reference the stamped number is commonly referred to as the engineering number .The engineering number that is stamped on the part and used for visual identification is seldom the same as the part number.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2019, 01:48:12 PM »
- for future reference the stamped number is commonly referred to as the engineering number .The engineering number that is stamped on the part and used for visual identification is seldom the same as the part number.
To be truthful, the part number permanently stamped on the part is the actual part number that the Ford drawing uses to make the part, both for the original assembly line application and as a replacement part. The "other" part number is a stock number and inventory number, used by Ford Dealers service departments to identify and order the replacement item. An analogy would be the same type of system used by Amazon, Home Depot and your favorite liquor store. They have a stock number to order something that refers to a manufactures' part number. To simplify ordering and inventory requirements, the service number is (paint) stenciled on the part, stamped on the bag containing the part, identified with a paper tag, or identified with a stick on label. It's a system that can be confusing, but it works.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline Morsel

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2019, 04:25:58 PM »
Man, so technical ;) Thanks all for chiming in, just wanted to make sure I had the correct ones...

Jason

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2019, 06:59:08 PM »
The two part numbers, C4ZF-9275-A and C6ZF-9275-A are documented in the 64, 65 and 66 Mustang Electrical Manuals with a superseding date of 9-24-65 in the 66 manual. Ford may have had a "use existing stock until depleted" instruction.
RE: E4-E5-8185-1 (64 and 65) and E6-8185-1 (66).
Jim
Jason: you haven't got the books yet?
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline Morsel

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2019, 08:57:21 PM »
The two part numbers, C4ZF-9275-A and C6ZF-9275-A are documented in the 64, 65 and 66 Mustang Electrical Manuals with a superseding date of 9-24-65 in the 66 manual. Ford may have had a "use existing stock until depleted" instruction.
RE: E4-E5-8185-1 (64 and 65) and E6-8185-1 (66).
Jim
Jason: you haven't got the books yet?

Yeah, I have them at home, I just was at work being impatient and knew I could count on my friends here to point me in the right direction... ;)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2019, 10:09:26 PM »
To be truthful, the part number permanently stamped on the part is the actual part number that the Ford drawing uses to make the part, both for the original assembly line application and as a replacement part. ......

Believe that the "part number" is the other as noted in Ford parts books and such but this is likely not the best place to discuss that fine point ;)

Would have to drag out some engineering blue prints for individual parts to see if only one or both are listed and how they are described. But it would not suprise me to see Ford documents conflicting with one another  ::)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2019, 12:33:26 AM »
Yeah, I have them at home, I just was at work being impatient and knew I could count on my friends here to point me in the right direction... ;)
Work? A nasty four letter word. I remember it well. As for you, "patience Grasshopper, patience".
Jim

Offline outlawincorporated

• Kangaroo Herder
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2019, 07:40:24 AM »

at work yeah rite!!!!    you where texting me all day and sending me pictures of whiskey sours for your and your lovely and telling me your wifi password.  hahahah

and i have first option on the fuel sender unit

regards

PHILL BERESFORD

MELBPOURNE
AUSTRALIA.
ITS ONLY EVER ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!

MCA GOLD CARD JUDGE 1ST GENERATION.  MCA #68589

Offline Morsel

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2019, 01:28:42 PM »
at work yeah rite!!!!    you where texting me all day and sending me pictures of whiskey sours for your and your lovely and telling me your wifi password.  hahahah

and i have first option on the fuel sender unit

regards

PHILL BERESFORD

MELBPOURNE
AUSTRALIA.

Oh come on Phill, that wasn't yesterday that I posted the original question, it was on the 23rd, but yes, that IS what I was doing yesterday ;) and yes, you have dibs ;)

J