Author Topic: Carlite code meanings  (Read 490 times)

Offline lathamjr

Carlite code meanings
« on: January 20, 2019, 03:05:26 AM »
I've looked around and can't find anything online regarding what each of the codes on the Carlite glass marking means on a '65. Am I missing it, or is it not out there?
It's something that I'd just like to know. I'd prefer to see reference to all the codes rather than just asking for every individual piece line-by-line. Can anybody provide that information, please?

Offline TJinSA

Re: Carlite code meanings
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 10:13:46 AM »
Mustang Monthly had an article about this a while back, and it's also posted online:
http://www.mustangandfords.com/how-to/paint-body/1509-how-to-correctly-identify-early-glass-for-mustangs-cougars/

hope this helps; Google has it near the top of a "mustang360 decoding glass" search

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Carlite code meanings
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 04:55:48 PM »
I've looked around and can't find anything online regarding what each of the codes on the Carlite glass marking means on a '65. Am I missing it, or is it not out there?

Truly haven't had many or any members ask about all of the coding (some of its pretty straight forward)  found on period correct glass other than date coding and that is covered in the appropriate article in the Library that you may have already read on page 6-7 of that document. The article that Marcus did doesn't really go into the subject line my line either.

Normally the subject gets studied and researched by someone like you that one days chooses that he just wants to know. So good luck and let us know what you find out and your documentation once you get all the answers
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 04:58:27 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)