Author Topic: 70 Dearborn Front leaf spring bushing bolt and nut finish  (Read 859 times)

Offline JohnRB

• 0F03R120303
70 Dearborn Front leaf spring bushing bolt and nut finish
« on: December 27, 2018, 03:13:08 PM »
Hi all.

Does the Service parts reflect the same finnish/details as the assembly line?

Serviceparts shows some white paint on the bolt head and safety red on the nut. Bushing has a brownish line.

Thanks

John

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 70 Dearborn Front leaf spring bushing bolt and nut finish
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2018, 12:59:56 AM »
Don 't recall nor do I have any pictures of those paint markings on 70's Dearborn or other plants on Mustangs. Will double check my pictures over th enext couple of days - still have family around for the holidays

Maybe someone else has a picture of one or both of them on an original car.

Good thing to ask about since it's not uncommon for marks to be different  or just being marked at all on replacement parts verses assembly line parts and for restorers to copy the replacement markings just because
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline JohnRB

• 0F03R120303
Re: 70 Dearborn Front leaf spring bushing bolt and nut finish
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 04:43:59 PM »
Don 't recall nor do I have any pictures of those paint markings on 70's Dearborn or other plants on Mustangs. Will double check my pictures over th enext couple of days - still have family around for the holidays

Maybe someone else has a picture of one or both of them on an original car.

Good thing to ask about since it's not uncommon for marks to be different  or just being marked at all on replacement parts verses assembly line parts and for restorers to copy the replacement markings just because

Has seen safety red nuts in this area, but never seen White on the bolthead. Also looked in the unrestored section.

Anyone!

Thanks

John