Author Topic: 66 T code (6 cylinder) fuel pump pictures/discussion  (Read 654 times)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
66 T code (6 cylinder) fuel pump pictures/discussion
« on: September 03, 2018, 12:05:18 AM »
Another thread asking about 65 T code fuel pumps started to get into the 66 production year and its features so thought it best to post a separate thread to keep the confusion down and the focus on point ;)

From the unrestored section and other threads on the site.  Now you can say you've seen pictures of them ;)

Did find a few examples wither other brands but none included the filter like the 65 versions

And a few more

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline NEFaurora

Re: 66 T code (6 cylinder) fuel pump pictures/discussion
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 05:03:23 PM »
Jeff... Those Carter Fuel 6 cyl. Fuel pumps look "too new" to be originals...

Just my observation.... They look more like "Replacements"....which is pretty much the norm nowadays....(and post '67).. If you notice...The Spark Plug wires aren't Originals either ;)

Would like to know the history of the cars they came from...if at all possible..

I'd like to see any Assembly line pic of a '66 I6 car with a Carter 6cyl Fuel Pump installed...  but that would be asking too much...lol...

but I can dream....lol...

:o)

Tony K.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 05:05:26 PM by NEFaurora »
Tony Kovar (NEFaurora@aol.com)
1965 Mustang Convertible 200 cid 3spd manual
1966 Mustang Convertible Sprint 200 C4 Auto
2007 Mustang Convertible V6 Auto with "Pony Package".
1966 Mustang Sprint 200 Registry Owner/Moderator
MCA#70001

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 05:25:05 PM »
Jeff... Those Carter Fuel 6 cyl. Fuel pumps look "too new" to be originals...

Just my observation.... They look more like "Replacements"....which is pretty much the norm nowadays....(and post '67).. If you notice...The Spark Plug wires aren't Originals either ;)

Most were daily drivers or in yards. At least two were (likely have more examples)  reported unrestored car - reason so many of the normal wear items are replaced in the pictures

On the unrestored cars that I have pictures of all have Carters without fuel filters installed. On many of the others - they appear to have non-Carter fuel pumps and that would match the pattern of other aftermarket/replacement parts such as spark plug wires as well as other "common wear parts:

Have a number of NOS pumps around. Had a full case of fuel pumps I got many years ago.  Guess I should check the dates on them since that would likely be the "smoking gun"

So if anyone has a Carter 6 cylinder fuel pump with a 65 date (or very early 66 one) now would be the time to post it to help the discussion
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 05:52:56 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline NEFaurora

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2018, 05:50:42 PM »
"So if anyone has a Carter 6 cylinder fuel pump with a 65 date (or very early 66 one) now would be the time to post it to help the discussion."

I agree...

You never know what "Vintage Pics" turn up though in someone's book or album somewhere...

That's the beauty of it all...We're "STILL" learning stuff..!!!!  It's what makes our hobby so much fun...  ;)

:o)

Tony K.
Tony Kovar (NEFaurora@aol.com)
1965 Mustang Convertible 200 cid 3spd manual
1966 Mustang Convertible Sprint 200 C4 Auto
2007 Mustang Convertible V6 Auto with "Pony Package".
1966 Mustang Sprint 200 Registry Owner/Moderator
MCA#70001