Author Topic: 69 NJ Gaffers tape location  (Read 1068 times)

Offline qman

69 NJ Gaffers tape location
« on: August 13, 2018, 04:18:42 PM »
I'm working on a May built Metuchen Sports roof. the question is: Did these cars get gaffers tape on the back of the tail light housing where the bulb goes into the housing? Further, was tape found in multiple spots on the fuel sending wire?
I've looked in the MCA judging standards for information and didn't find much and I don't have access to the actual judging sheets. Thanks, Qman
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 05:36:23 PM by J_Speegle »

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 69 NJ Gaffers tape location
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 06:11:44 PM »
Did you happen to look through the pictures of the unrestored 69 NJ examples in the new Unrestored Picture Thread section?

Found an example here

69 NJ 428CJ Mach I Unrestored - Picture Thread - Picture T & T6 (Its a Feb 69 example)

Have a couple of others. Often owners pull the tape off or it falls off over time
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 07:20:46 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline qman

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2018, 04:26:03 PM »
I did see those pictures,but it was after I had posted the original question. Sorry about that. After looking at all the pictures and seeing no witness marks I concluded that gaffers tape was not used on the tail light housings. Correct?
Qman

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2018, 07:21:54 PM »
I did see those pictures,but it was after I had posted the original question. Sorry about that. After looking at all the pictures and seeing no witness marks I concluded that gaffers tape was not used on the tail light housings. Correct?
Qman

There are two pictures of what remains of the tape in that thread  one shown below. No witness or tape residue but a section of the tape is still there on both taillight housings of that example

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline PerkinsRestoration

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2018, 03:43:58 PM »
The black tape covering opening in the tail light housing was black masking tape. The black tape used to secure  the fuel sending harness to trunk floor was a gaffers type tape