Author Topic: February 1966 San Jose Car - Neutral Safety Switch firewall Wire Routing  (Read 558 times)

Offline Morsel

Hey All,

I was searching around looking for examples of the way the neutral safety switch routed against the firewall, mainly seeing if it went on top of or behind the accelerator pedal and I came across this picture. Is this proper routing or did it change over the months of production. I know currently may car does not have that S clip, should it have it? This was from an early 65 car Jeff posted pictures of a while ago and I know a lot of things changed between this time period and when my car was built...

Any help would be great...

Thanks,

Jason
February 10th 1966 - San Jose - Factory GT K-Code Automatic, Candy Apple Red Fastback, Black Standard Interior

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
From original examples a Feb 66 Mustangs built at San Jose would typically have three of the large plastic retainers slipped over the firewall to cowl pinch weld one at or to the outside slightly over the master cylinder, one between the shock tower support attachment points to cowl and one on the passenger side to the inside of the heater motor

The large clips would have retained the washer hose to the cowl and been used normally to hold the wires going to the neutral safety switch up and away once connected to the transmission wire loom

Believe we had an earlier thread that touched on the subject and the different styles if retaining clips but can't find it at the moment and can't recall if it was 65 or 66 San Jose that was discussed

6R early Feb example Knocked loose like the other

« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 05:03:13 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Morsel

Thanks Jeff, very helpful as always...

Jason
February 10th 1966 - San Jose - Factory GT K-Code Automatic, Candy Apple Red Fastback, Black Standard Interior