Author Topic: 1966 fuel line installation 289 a/c and power steering, original automate carb  (Read 733 times)

Offline socalgt

I'm struggling again installing a correct( well, repo) fuel line.  With the a/c installed and power steering I can't fit the fuel line...specifically fitting it in the small opening between the p.s. pump bracket and the block itself.  This is a repeat post, as I still find it difficult if not impossible.  I'm going to assume the factory installed the line before installing the a/c and power steering, but I don't plan on removing them to install the fuel line.  Looking for suggestions....again.

Thanks...
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 09:43:46 AM by socalgt »

Offline jwc66k

Consider doing it "right". Remove the A/C and PS.
You can thank me tomorrow.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline socalgt

That's certainly an option....but that's not easy, especially removing the bolts from underneath  the a/c compressor.  I'm going to try to loosen the a/c and p.s. mounting brackets just enough to sneak the line in.

Thanks....

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
Take the PS pump down first, you should then easily reach the bolts going into the head for the compressor mounting bracket. I leave the compressor attached to the mounting bracket when I've done this.

Upon re-install, use the long stud bolt to hold the weight of the compressor. You most likely will need to separate the nut from the stud since it almost always stays on the long stud when removed.
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline socalgt

Thanks.....looks like that might be the "easiest" way to get the fuel line installed without complete removal of the compressor and p.s. bracket.