Author Topic: Identify Radiator  (Read 697 times)

Offline Tiny

Identify Radiator
« on: March 01, 2018, 05:11:29 AM »
The attached image shows some codes on what is supposed to be an original 66 Mustang Radiator. I have my doubts. Can you assist as to what an original 66 SAN Jose auto Radiator should look like.
67 San Jose Built GTA 390 Coupe
C6, PS, A/C

Offline outlawincorporated

• Kangaroo Herder
Re: Identify Radiator
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 06:20:19 AM »
based on the one image supplied to so far hard to make a accurate comment, but I have my doubts so far like yourself.
can you provide further images???

regards.

PHILL BERESFORD
MELBOURNE
AUSTRALIA
ITS ONLY EVER ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!

MCA GOLD CARD JUDGE 1ST GENERATION.  MCA #68589

Offline Tiny

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 02:37:16 PM »
I've attached some further images of the radiator in question.  There appears to be no codes stamped on the top tank and I'm not sure if this was always the case.
67 San Jose Built GTA 390 Coupe
C6, PS, A/C

Offline OldGuy

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 05:40:42 PM »
Based on the appearance of the individual straps (in the view looking down) and the shape of the upper tank (triangular) where the straps attach to the tank, I believe that you have an aftermarket radiator. Note that the left and right straps are shaped different (left-rounded, right-triangular). This probably is not a Modine-built radiator.

Frank

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2018, 08:30:18 PM »
The attached image shows some codes on what is supposed to be an original 66 Mustang Radiator. I have my doubts.
\

Originals didn't use ink stamps in 65066 for identification purposes

Can you assist as to what an original 66 SAN Jose auto Radiator should look like.

Did you use the search feature here on the site? Must be a dozen threads with pictures of 65-66 San Jose radiators in individual threads and in pictures of unrestored car examples. Its all there for general identification. For specific markings your going to have to include allot more information than just "San Jose auto radiator"  Things like what engine would help ;)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)