Author Topic: Heater Plenum Removal  (Read 634 times)

Offline ChrisV289

Heater Plenum Removal
« on: February 27, 2018, 12:53:52 PM »
Does anyone have a trick on how to remove the heater plenum with the heater box still in the car?  I can't seem to get to the back screw on the bottom to remove the plastic one and replace it with a correct cardboard plenum.  I don't really want to move the heater box away from the firewall with fear of scratching something, plus I have the AC unit in the way along with the console.  As much as I would love to replace it with the correct one, I don't know if it is worth the aggravation and potential to damage something else for just one point on the judging sheet
Chris
1965 Honey Gold Fastback (SJ 10/29/64)
1965 Caspian Blue Fastback (SJ 06/03/65)
2009 V6 Mustang Coupe

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
Re: Heater Plenum Removal
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 12:17:57 AM »
Might try some low clearance ratchets/sockets.  It's worth whatever work would go into changing it.  If I had to, I'd unbolt the A/C unit and slide it forward, then unbolt the heater box from the firewall and the top bolt to give some wiggle room.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 02:37:00 PM »
Think it will bug you if you don't swap it out compared to the satisfaction of knowing it done and there if you do  ;)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2018, 04:29:12 PM »
"Shortcuts" often aren't.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.