Author Topic: Option or dealer install  (Read 263 times)

Offline fatback6134

Option or dealer install
« on: September 25, 2024, 02:09:12 PM »
I'm looking at an S code Mach 1 Mustang. It does not have a Marti report but is optioned pretty heavy. Is also in very nice original condition. I'm just trying to figure out some issues without ordering a Deluxe Marti before I purchase. I am purchasing from the second owner who said the original owner said the Shelby roll bar and console with gauges were optioned when his dad ordered the car. I have a 69 GT500 and it does appear to be Shelby parts and is installed nicely. However, I've never heard of this being something that could have been ordered from Ford. I feel it is most likely a "dealer" or customer install. I have owned Mach 1's since 1972, so have had quite a few over the years. Can anyone help?

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: Option or dealer install
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2024, 03:59:58 PM »
I'm looking at an S code Mach 1 Mustang. It does not have a Marti report but is optioned pretty heavy. Is also in very nice original condition. I'm just trying to figure out some issues without ordering a Deluxe Marti before I purchase. I am purchasing from the second owner who said the original owner said the Shelby roll bar and console with gauges were optioned when his dad ordered the car. I have a 69 GT500 and it does appear to be Shelby parts and is installed nicely. However, I've never heard of this being something that could have been ordered from Ford. I feel it is most likely a "dealer" or customer install. I have owned Mach 1's since 1972, so have had quite a few over the years. Can anyone help?
First post welcome. No those Shelby parts were not a option when the car was ordered new. I too feel that they were most likely a  prior owner /customer install . Less likely a Dealer install but still possible.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline Coralsnake

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2024, 07:59:58 PM »
Mr Gaines is right on. You could not get Shelby parts as an option.

Offline Anghelrestorations

• Anghel Restorations
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2024, 09:19:45 AM »
Makes sense that you cant order a car like that because even today it doesnt work that way.  If you want to order a new Mustang but want a special Shelby hood installed there is no way to do that. 
Marcus Anghel
MCA National Gold Card Judge, 69-71 Mustang
SAAC National Head Judge, Boss Mustangs

www.anghelrestorations.com
www.facebook.com/anghelrestorations
www.instagram.com/anghelrestorations