Author Topic: discrepancies between Eminger/Marti and build sheet  (Read 1787 times)

Offline cobrajet_carl

discrepancies between Eminger/Marti and build sheet
« on: June 16, 2016, 02:22:38 PM »
No biggie, but I have two dearborn 1970 mach 1s that have tilt wheels that are not listed on the Eminger invoice or the Marti report. However, on the build sheets I found there is a C under tilt. These are the only differences and it seems odd that both involved tilt columns. First is mid September DB and the other is mid November DB. Just wonder if anyone else has seen discrepancies between build sheets and Eminger/Marti, and which one represented what was actually built.
Carl
70 and 71 Dearborn mach Is

Offline 7Lscjracer

Re: discrepancies between Eminger/Marti and build sheet
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 09:38:33 PM »
The build sheet is the final say if you're lucky enough to have it.
No Eminger for San Jose and I've never found a build sheet in my car I've owned since 1981, so Marti Report it is for me.
No surprises or puzzles with my car's report.
69 Mach 1 San Jose Nov. 68 build
Bought May '81, sold Sept '20

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 05:26:00 PM »
Sorry don't always have match Marti reports or shipping invoices for every build sheet I have copies of (about 600)  nor taken the time to compare each with one another. WIll report that I've not seen differences discussed or mentioned on any thread or site since the internet was open to the public other than  maybe (can't recall a specific thread or option it dealt with) one or two in all those years and posts
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline cobrajet_carl

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 12:31:42 PM »
Sorry don't always have match Marti reports or shipping invoices for every build sheet I have copies of (about 600)  nor taken the time to compare each with one another. WIll report that I've not seen differences discussed or mentioned on any thread or site since the internet was open to the public other than  maybe (can't recall a specific thread or option it dealt with) one or two in all those years and posts

Which makes it incredibly unlikely that I would have two cars built two months apart that have the same discrepancy! And yet I have never won the lottery...I did look at the build sheet for my non-tilt car and the box under tilt is blank. Just guessing but the 1970 tilt column was a one year only thing, maybe they made too many of them and sprinkled them in here and there or when there were no non-tilt columns at hand? Fun to speculate but obviously will probably never know the truth! Oh, and one of the cars I bought the PO didn't even know that it had a tilt wheel. When I showed him how it worked he laughed out loud and said "How did I miss that?"
Carl
70 and 71 Dearborn mach Is

Offline Mike_B_SVT

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 10:20:15 PM »
I recently got to the bottom of a similar discrepency involving a '70 Boss 302 Eliminator.  Car had the G-code VIN, but the Eminger Invoice and the Marti Report showed it as a non-Eliminator 1970 Cougar - something that was not supposed to exist!  The owner had not even noticed the discrepency, as it was definitely a Boss car and was equipped with all the Eliminator goodies when he bought it.  Luckily the owner had found 2 build sheets during the restoration, and both confirmed "ELIMIMINATOR" in the remarks. 

I presented all the evidence to Kevin and he updated the records to reflect this car being an Eliminator, which also bumped the 1970 Eliminator production numbers from 2,267 to 2,268.

Mike B.

2003 Mustang Cobra Convertible
1 of 354 in Sonic Blue

1970 Cougar Eliminator (Competition Gold / Black Decor Interior), 428SCJ, Ram-Air, 4-speed w/ Hurst shifter
Built: Dearborn, Oct 6th, 1969
Cat Bites Man!