Author Topic: 65 San Jose C code - Engine compartment decals  (Read 1436 times)

Offline tvor

65 San Jose C code - Engine compartment decals
« on: June 02, 2016, 10:42:13 PM »
hi guys,
I'm finishing up the engine compartment and I have a couple questions...

Going thru my decals, I found that I have two of the same, but with slight differences.  Which one would be the proper one? (see maintenance decal pic)
Then, on the Autolite decal that goes on the air cleaner, do I have it placed in the right spot?  Based on the arc, that's where it looks good, anyway
The air cleaner part # decal, does it even go with my year car? I think I bought a bunch of decals when I first started restoring the car (and then ended up going on a long hiatus to finish it)

As always, thanks again guys!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 09:11:47 PM by J_Speegle »
'65 Coupe, built in San Jose.
289 CID with C4 trans.
Door plate date of 9/11/64
Original owner - mom
Second owner - me!

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: engine compartment decals
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 11:50:37 PM »
Going thru my decals, I found that I have two of the same, but with slight differences.  Which one would be the proper one? (see maintenance decal pic)

Haven't found an exact match (for month and day) for your car. Can report that cars built about 3 weeks (using projected dates from the door tag as you did) used the earlier service decal that doesn't look like either of the two you have. While cars build (same date thing) about three-four weeks after yours I found with the lower style decal

Then, on the Autolite decal that goes on the air cleaner, do I have it placed in the right spot?  Based on the arc, that's where it looks good, anyway

Can't find any originals with that decal on them to help. Think we've covered this before with 65's  and or 66's just don't have original cars with that decal used. Do have other AUTOLITE decals applied depending on time period and plant (not sure if plant difference comes into play greatly in this issue but will respect it for the moment) just not the curved one.

The air cleaner part # decal, does it even go with my year car? I think I bought a bunch of decals when I first started restoring the car (and then ended up going on a long hiatus to finish it)

Now this one you can handle on your own so lets lead you to your answer. The little decal is for replacing the air filter. Your car was built when? And the part number is for what year car?   :)

Hard to see but you can just make out the correct part number for the filter on this original Dearborn example

Hope this helped - enjoy your weekend
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline tvor

Re: engine compartment decals
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 11:42:53 AM »

Now this one you can handle on your own so lets lead you to your answer. The little decal is for replacing the air filter. Your car was built when? And the part number is for what year car?   :)

Geez!  How did I miss that!!  (Palm slap to the forehead).  BTW, that decal won't be going on the car....

As for the Autolite decal, I vaguely remember the decal being on top of the air cleaner.  I probably remembered better when I bought the decal ~20 years ago  :D

Thanks Jeff for all the help!

Kelley
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 11:47:18 AM by tvor »
'65 Coupe, built in San Jose.
289 CID with C4 trans.
Door plate date of 9/11/64
Original owner - mom
Second owner - me!