Author Topic: Rear seat cushion  (Read 790 times)

Offline Chris

Rear seat cushion
« on: May 15, 2016, 11:57:50 PM »
Is there a trick for attaching the lower rear seat cushion? There are two metal catches attached to the floor that are supposed to hook part of the lower seat cushion frame and keep the seat from sliding around. For my seat, part of the seat frame sits on top of the two catches but does not "slide" behind the catches and I can't push down with enough force to make the catches push forward enough to lock the seat in place.

I was hoping someone could suggest a method that worked for them with securing the lower rear seat. Seems like using a tool to push the metal frame backward would be ideal but the angle doesn't work, not good clearance.

Chris
64 1/2 Poppy Red Convertible, 260V8 auto, 19 June 64

Offline Brian Conway

Re: Rear seat cushion
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 12:26:46 AM »
Chris just by looking at the floor hooks and the mating indents in the seat frame you probably have it fiqured out.  Sometimes the floor hooks get , over time, depressed or flattened.  A long sturdy screw driver will pry them back into the correct position/elevation.  WARNING; Don't pry them right off the floor.  Brian
5RO9A GT  4 Spd Built 5/29/65
9TO2R SCJ 4 Spd Built 9/19/68
Owner Driver Mechanic
San Diego, Ca.

Offline Chris

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 06:04:34 PM »
Brian,

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Chris
64 1/2 Poppy Red Convertible, 260V8 auto, 19 June 64

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2016, 07:54:15 PM »
Just depends on what you have / inspection of the parts. As mentioned some times you can pry/bend up the floor tang (don't go too far or it will catch but not hold long term. Sometimes I had to bend the seat cushion loop downward (rotating it downward at the end of each loop to get it to grab
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)