Author Topic: '67(automatic) floor console wire harness connections  (Read 1355 times)

Offline socalgt

'67(automatic) floor console wire harness connections
« on: May 07, 2016, 11:41:27 AM »
I'm putting the original wiring harness back on(removed by PO)the floor console.  Where exactly is the plug(with the two black/blue and two black) supposed to connect to the other half(one black/blue and one black)....up under the dash?....under the front of the console?  I have the wiring diagram but it doesn't really show where the connection is made.  The connection from the wiring harness is currently missing, but the length of wire from the console side suggests it is made just in front of the console.

Thanks...
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 12:01:20 PM by socalgt »

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
Re: '67(automatic) floor console wire harness connections
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2016, 02:15:07 PM »
Photos from the 1967 Mustang electrical assembly manual:.

Maybe I shouldn't even post these here. It has been suggested that we buy a set of these assembly manuals for our individual Mustang to prevent possible copyright infringement. Nonetheless, a picture is worth a thousand words
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline socalgt

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2016, 03:26:33 PM »
Very helpful pictures....thanks much.  Lot of work re-wiring where the PO just cut/ripped wires out during disassembly.  Fortunately I've been able to find original harnesses/connectors on Ebay.

Offline socalgt

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2016, 07:04:35 PM »
Am I correct that the transmission position indicator light should work independently of the other courtesy lights?(any time the car ignition is energized)...as opposed to the lights turned off by the door jam switch.

Offline socalgt

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2016, 07:25:09 PM »
If I read the diagram correctly, the shift indicator light wiring harness is separate from and does not connect with the harness for the other console  lights?   

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2016, 10:22:54 PM »
If I read the diagram correctly, the shift indicator light wiring harness is separate from and does not connect with the harness for the other console  lights?   

Correct, there are two separate wires shown in the pictures.  The ground wires both screw down together, there are two wires above the fuse panel, one for the console dome lights and one for the shifter indicator.
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline socalgt

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2016, 10:26:21 PM »
I spliced in an original harness and I believe everything is now wired as it left the factory.

Thanks again...