Author Topic: 70 Dearborn Sportroof Interior Black out details  (Read 968 times)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
70 Dearborn Sportroof Interior Black out details
« on: April 13, 2016, 05:27:09 PM »
Found these looking through my pictures for another thread and thought I would share them in hopes that they would help a member at some point.

Its not unusual for the assembly plant painters to black out areas of the interior to hide the exterior colors from showing through gaps, holes and what ever. These were not always applied with brush - dependent on plant and year as usual.

These pictures are from 0F117xxx for reference and comparison purposes

Black out around the quarter window base

Blackout around rear defroster hole

No blackout showing on the exposed exterior color at the top of the door opening

Hope this helps
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline specialed

Re: 70 Dearborn Sportroof Interior Black out details
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 11:40:37 PM »
the window blackout seams to be alater thing & wonder if it shows up around same time as the 69 cowl area blackout & front defroster area blackout & wonder why they bothered to blackout the rear window defroster with so few fastbacks getting that rare option?

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 70 Dearborn Sportroof Interior Black out details
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 11:46:34 PM »
the window blackout seams to be alater thing & wonder if it shows up around same time as the 69 cowl area blackout & front defroster area blackout

Guess we can take a broader look. Don't have many examples of the door window area black out - just wasn't looking for it. As for the bottom of the quarter window - I don't beleive I have a picture or have ever seen it on a 69 San Jose sportroof

We'll have to start a new thread if we want to discuss the change over of the interior sheet metal unibody panel in that location (differences and change over point) ;)

wonder why they bothered to blackout the rear window defroster with so few fastbacks getting that rare option?

Don't know but have it in brush and spray depending on plant back into the early period of 69. Don't have as many 70 pictures
« Last Edit: March 04, 2023, 02:15:58 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)