Author Topic: '67 trunk light wire  (Read 1511 times)

Offline socalgt

'67 trunk light wire
« on: September 10, 2015, 02:27:40 PM »
I've read all the previous postings.  My understanding is that there is a separate wire running to the trunk for the light.  My car came with one originally, and I can see where it  was screwed in at one time.  The only wires I see coming through the driver side wheel well area is the trunk wiring, with the fuel sender wire branching off of it. If I knew what color it was I can start looking further forward,( under the driver side door sill trim).

Offline ruppstang

Re: '67 trunk light wire
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 02:53:39 PM »
There were different tail light harnesses, a more standard on and a deluxe one the deluxe on has the low fuel wire and the wire for the trunk light in the harness. As said above with the standard wiring there may be a wire run forward to the dash.
Marty 

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2015, 02:55:24 PM »
The connection is to the green/yellow wire in the A-Pillar, sourced through the dome light fuse of the Main, underdash harness. As John already mentioned in your other thread pertaining to this light, the original wire was wrapped with a black, cloth-like wrapping. It would also be taped aprox. every 12 inches apart to the tailight harness till it exits the trunk above the drivers wheel well.

As with so many details you are seeking answers to, this information is clearly spelled out in the Osborn Electrical Assembly Manual.
I held off buying a full set of these manuals too for a while but it might be time to consider getting a full set. (Laurel Mountain Must. sells a full set of 6)Clearly, you want to get it correct. After buying a set and reviewing them, bring the questions you might still have here and we can help. Many of us already travelled this road before. As of lately, much of the help you have been getting is sourced directly to those manuals. If nothing else, you would have images and page numbers we could discuss openly a whole lot easier than by hit/miss trying to type out these answers.

Richard
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 08:42:44 PM »
The connection is to the green/yellow wire in the A-Pillar, sourced through the dome light fuse of the Main, underdash harness. As John already mentioned in your other thread pertaining to this light, the original wire was wrapped with a black, cloth-like wrapping. It would also be taped aprox. every 12 inches apart to the tailight harness till it exits the trunk above the drivers wheel well.

As with so many details you are seeking answers to, this information is clearly spelled out in the Osborn Electrical Assembly Manual.
I held off buying a full set of these manuals too for a while but it might be time to consider getting a full set. (Laurel Mountain Must. sells a full set of 6)Clearly, you want to get it correct. After buying a set and reviewing them, bring the questions you might still have here and we can help. Many of us already travelled this road before. As of lately, much of the help you have been getting is sourced directly to those manuals. If nothing else, you would have images and page numbers we could discuss openly a whole lot easier than by hit/miss trying to type out these answers.

Richard
+1
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby