Author Topic: 67 289 AC Comressor Feed & Engine Feed Harness  (Read 912 times)

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
67 289 AC Comressor Feed & Engine Feed Harness
« on: July 29, 2015, 08:28:13 AM »
My 11/2/66 built Mustang with 289 has the Selectaire Factory installed AC.
I am replacing the engine feed harness because the original is brittle.
I have purchased an Alloy Metal engine feed harness that is a reasonably good replacement (w/tach type)
My original harness had the flat female spade connector for the oil switch if this adds to any discussion. Some oil switches on the 67's had what looks to be a threaded post while others have the flat, round connector, the female spade on the harness slides sideways onto the switch's terminal (like mine).

My question pertains to the AC Compressor feed wire. The replacement harness did not come with the additional wire to drive the AC compressor. I seem to recall that AC compressor wire was originally separate from the engine feed harness however I had the engine feed harness wrapped together with the AC feed wire at time of dismantling the car for restoration. This looks like I neatly wrapped them together at one point in time, I just am not 100% sure at this time.

Was the AC feed wire originally wrapped into the engine feed harness? (on tach equipped 289 cars?)

Is this wire reproduced if it is supposed to be separate? The insulation on mine is not cracked at all but it is as stiff as a coat-hanger so I feel it should be replaced.

Richard
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 08:30:25 AM by 67gtasanjose »
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline ruppstang

Re: 67 289 AC Comressor Feed & Engine Feed Harness
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 09:28:59 AM »
You are right in replacing it. IMHO they were separate wires. I have never seen one taped together.
Marty

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 10:44:21 AM »
The feed wire was separate. It was not taped with the engine gauge feed harness from the factory. Yes they are reproduced. No they are not marked correctly but they will function.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 10:56:25 AM »
The feed wire was separate. It was not taped with the engine gauge feed harness from the factory. Yes they are reproduced. No they are not marked correctly but they will function.

I've done a basic search for this, I came up empty. I've thought about giving Alloy Metal a call directly about this and a few other needs I have for wiring. Maybe there?
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments