Author Topic: door glass bolt torque spec  (Read 1770 times)

Offline kcodecoupe

door glass bolt torque spec
« on: June 03, 2015, 08:55:43 AM »
i was looking at the jim osborn body assy manual for the 70 door glass bolt  spec for the bolts that attatch the glass to the ( C ) shaped brackets, i read it as 6-11 ft pounds which seemed a little high to me , i just done want to shatter my glass with the wrong torque spec ,  thanks, chuck.

Offline ClevelandKid

Re: door glass bolt torque spec
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 03:46:33 PM »
Are you sure its not inch/lbs. instead of ft/lbs. ?
Mustang country. Get the women,kids and Chevys off the streets.

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 04:38:18 PM »
i was looking at the jim osborn body assy manual for the 70 door glass bolt  spec for the bolts that attatch the glass to the ( C ) shaped brackets, i read it as 6-11 ft pounds which seemed a little high to me , i just done want to shatter my glass with the wrong torque spec ,  thanks, chuck.
Chuck,
I thought there was a plastic bushing in the glass, but in any case, 6-11 LBS. FT. (as Ford calls it out) is just a bit more than finger tight. If you have a torque wrench that reads fairly good in the lower range give it a try with a 1/4-20 bolt and nut with a flat washer thru a piece of steel with a hole in it.
Are you sure its not inch/lbs. instead of ft/lbs. ?
Nope, it's foot-pounds (see above).
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline kcodecoupe

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 11:12:05 PM »
Chuck,
I thought there was a plastic bushing in the glass, but in any case, 6-11 LBS. FT. (as Ford calls it out) is just a bit more than finger tight. If you have a torque wrench that reads fairly good in the lower range give it a try with a 1/4-20 bolt and nut with a flat washer thru a piece of steel with a hole in it. Nope, it's foot-pounds (see above).
Jim
i need to check a 70 ford shop manual to see if its inch or foot pounds, my manual was loaned out and still  not returned,

Offline kcodecoupe

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 08:54:31 PM »
i need to check a 70 ford shop manual to see if its inch or foot pounds, my manual was loaned out and still  not returned,
  I found a 77 ford  car shop body manual all the bolt in style glass is 6-11 foot pounds , i did them at 6 pounds no problem so far,