Author Topic: 67 Washer bottle or bag?  (Read 5448 times)

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: 67 Washer bottle or bag?
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2015, 06:23:48 PM »
My vehicle is Dec 66 and has the washer bag bracket screwed onto the front Apron.
I am skeptical that it has not been modified because of all the early 67 Shelby's I have observed that were spot weld on . Many of those were single digit cars from the first shipment from SJ to SA. Of course it could have been a mistake and left off so it was attached later with screws but you would be hard pressed to prove that point if trying to.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2015, 06:55:40 AM »
That is a San Jose car - correct?

As expected that early :)  (bag over bottle)

Your car isn't #213 is it?  Or pretty close :)
Guessing that you have the narrow bag and bracket. Not the bracket with the "dog leg" as shown in the original examples below

Here are just a few examples from San Jose around the time your car was built

'

bag backwards

You would be correct. No dog leg, but a U shape. A bit lower than 213.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2015, 05:41:49 PM »
You would be correct. No dog leg, but a U shape. A bit lower than 213.

Sounds like the one that came in the washer kit. Typical San Jose practice as we can see was the welded "dog leg" style

Sorry shouldn't have asked the Shelby VIN since it has no bearing on this detail.  Rather than guessing the Ford vin (sure I can get pretty close) would guess it might be part of the #842528 order 
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2015, 09:07:35 PM »
You and Bob are likely on target. I replaced front and rear aprons and one tower. However, the bottle bracket I don't remember being damaged, so I took the screws out and put the bracket in a bag. Perhaps it was done more than once, The LH, and Rear aprons were Ford. The RH front apron was a reproduction, as Ford had discontinued them by the late 80's. The parts actually came from what was Mel Burn's Ford in Long Beach, Ca on Long Beach Blvd. It was operating as Pacific Ford at the time of purchase, and the parts manager knew his stuff. He got things that I was told had been discontinued by other dealers. Anyway, the previous own's son slid under the back of a cement mixer. It peeled back the hood, cleaned the carbs off the manifold, destroyed the fender tops, core support and other items. So needless to say the entire front end had to be replaced. The body guy I used for the apron and tower replacement actually owed a spot welder, so it was all spot welded back in like Ford did it.

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2015, 10:44:36 PM »
Don't I feel like an idiot. I went and pulled the bracket from the engine bay components. It is indeed the offset bracket as shown, however It must have been screwed on post sheet metal replacement before I purchased it. I had assumed it was factory. so it wasn't spot welded back in place when the aprons were replaced.