Author Topic: Clips Rubber Seal To Hood  (Read 2191 times)

Offline mason1958

Clips Rubber Seal To Hood
« on: February 15, 2015, 11:57:21 AM »
Does any one know where I can get those clips for the rubber seal to the top of the radiator support ?

Offline carlite65

• Global Moderator
Re: Clips Rubber Seal To Hood
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 12:14:12 PM »
what year are you working on?? what plant was it built??
5F09C331248

Offline mason1958

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 12:18:02 PM »
1969 Metchum 1969 I know it call for staples however I feel the clips look better.

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 12:56:52 PM »
1969 Metchum 1969 I know it call for staples however I feel the clips look better.
It is your car so do as you want . The same" looks better" logic can be applied to chrome plated upper shock brackets and the like too, for some people  ;) . One alternate style clip for Dearborn and maybe Metuchen was the same as used on the luggage protector strips and fuel sender wire on some years to name a few.  The clips were sometimes a alternate attachment method for the strip on the radiator support . My theory is if the gun at the attachment station on the line was out of order or if by mistake  forgotten and discovered left off further down the line that a alternate method was used . At least that is one theory to explain the seldom seen anomaly. NPD sells them .I don't have a catalog handy . It is on a page where other miscellaneous clips or sold. It is out of place in context to other things .
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 02:16:33 PM by Bob Gaines »
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline svo2scj

• Car Collector and home to WHEEL CITY FAIRLANE
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2015, 01:55:30 PM »
Boy you are going to have a tough one with that !!

REAL correct original clips are hard to get and EXPENSIVE (last $300 thing I bought for my car) !

Not sure if you can see the little raised dot here

I have seen many wrong style on cars so if you are ok with that probably you can find stuff in the HELPS isle at Autozone.

Mark
P.S.  Would love to hear how you do the staples !  I know that they come with repro seals.  I figure you drill a every small hole and insert and bend.

1969 R Code , Sportsroof (non Mach) W Axle
AB , Standard Interior  San Jose built 4/22/1969

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2015, 02:05:10 PM »

P.S.  Would love to hear how you do the staples !  I know that they come with repro seals.  I figure you drill a every small hole and insert and bend.
It is done as you suspect. Just add it to the list of things one can do in the pursuit of a historical look. :)
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline svo2scj

• Car Collector and home to WHEEL CITY FAIRLANE
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2015, 02:24:23 PM »
Thanks Bob

I know this situation is different for owner BUT this was something I chased and chased.   Not sure if it was being in Dearborn land (with a car from SJ) or just my wish to use correct items on the SCJ restoration! 

I THINK someone from the forums helped me out!   (may have been Jim - Rockhouse)

Mark
P.S.  If you think this is an expensive (too many wrong ones sold) clip try getting the right clip for the 71 power window switch!   (spent the same amount for the WRONGS ones being sold)
1969 R Code , Sportsroof (non Mach) W Axle
AB , Standard Interior  San Jose built 4/22/1969

Offline mason1958

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2015, 03:26:04 PM »
I tried NPD here in Charlotte they listed them in the catalog but don't have them.  I hope I can find something to attach the seal.

Offline msoc28027

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2015, 11:24:39 PM »
Thanks Bob

I know this situation is different for owner BUT this was something I chased and chased.   Not sure if it was being in Dearborn land (with a car from SJ) or just my wish to use correct items on the SCJ restoration! 

I THINK someone from the forums helped me out!   (may have been Jim - Rockhouse)

Mark
P.S.  If you think this is an expensive (too many wrong ones sold) clip try getting the right clip for the 71 power window switch!   (spent the same amount for the WRONGS ones being sold)