Author Topic: Pre Production 64 1/2 Mustangs  (Read 1285 times)

Offline BlueK

Pre Production 64 1/2 Mustangs
« on: February 07, 2015, 10:34:22 PM »
Is there anyone who is very knowledgeable on the pre-production Mustangs or any recommended sources for info?  Thanks
Eric

priceless

Re: Pre Production 64 1/2 Mustangs
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 11:30:04 PM »
Yes, contact Nate Miller and his father John at Buckeye Restorations.

Very knowledgeable of 64 1/2 pre production Mustangs.

http://buckeyeclassiccarrestoration.com/

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 11:34:58 PM »
What sort of details are you looking for?
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline BlueK

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2015, 08:27:30 PM »
What sort of details are you looking for?

Thanks.  There is a pre production vehicle for sale.  I've done some research into these cars.  From what I can tell it seems like only a handful of these cars actually have pretty good documentation as it relates to their history.  The one I was looking at is in I would call it fair to rough shape. Really worse they claim it had gone thru a restoration in the 1980s which to me likely means it may have been restored as a production 64 1/2.   Were all pre production engines painted silver initially? If anyone knows.  I'd imagine the dates stamped on the sheet metal must be February/March 64 or earlier perhaps.  Also, does anyone have any idea what the value of correctly restored pre production Mustang might be?   I will most like try to contact Buckeye this week.  Thanks very Much.  Eric

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2015, 10:04:29 PM »
The thing to know about the pre-production cars is that there is no standard to go by.  Some might have had silver engines, other didn't, it depends on how the unit was used/tested.  Starting with a rough car that has been previously restored puts you at a huge disadvantage at putting the car back as it came when new.

Agree that Nate/his Dad are probably the most  knowledgeable on this topic.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin