Author Topic: Original Weber Induction for 65 mustang  (Read 857 times)

Offline Chris

Original Weber Induction for 65 mustang
« on: January 08, 2015, 12:57:49 PM »
For the dealer option weber induction system offered for 65/66 289 engines, were the weber carbs marked with a Ford part number?

I have an original tripower now for my 260 and the Holley carbs all have the Holley list numbers as well as the Ford part numbers...so I was trying to see if Ford repeated this process for the 4 weber setup.

Thanks
64 1/2 Poppy Red Convertible, 260V8 auto, 19 June 64

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: Original Weber Induction for 65 mustang
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 01:14:18 PM »
For the dealer option weber induction system offered for 65/66 289 engines, were the weber carbs marked with a Ford part number?

I have an original tripower now for my 260 and the Holley carbs all have the Holley list numbers as well as the Ford part numbers...so I was trying to see if Ford repeated this process for the 4 weber setup.

Thanks
No Ford engineering numbers on the Webers like on the Ford Holley. They were identified by the weber serial numbers on each. Specific numbers on each that would indicate time period when manufactured etc. This a complicated subject with many variations and superseded units and probably one better asked on the SAAC forum. There are a couple weber historians over there that could walk you through a identification process appropriate for a 65/66 car. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby