Author Topic: 67 390 Carb  (Read 4219 times)

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
Re: 67 390 Carb
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2015, 10:46:01 AM »
Got my carb back and I'm very happy with it. Sure looks better.  ;)  and can't beat the price ($160) and one week turn around time.  Body is plated, not painted and the carb was bench tested.

I haven't re-installed the carb tag yet.

Do you mind mentioning who did your work?
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline rodster

Re: 67 390 Carb
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2015, 12:54:49 PM »
Looks very nice, be sure to adjust the fast idle screw before you install it, getting it close is much easier when it is off the car, IMO.

Thanks.  I think the re-builder got it close but will double check before installing.

Do you mind mentioning who did your work?

Not at all.  He was recommenced to me by a fellow enthusiast who also used him. I was able to drop off and pick up so I saved the shipping which was an added bonus.  He really seems to know his stuff and gets on the carbs as soon as they arrive. Does a lot of rebuilding for some of the carb shops that farm out their work.

Like anyone you do business with, I'd recommend including with the carb, a paper detailing what you want as well as a phone call to discuss specifics.

1965 Dearborn Mustang Coupe
Raven Black - Palomino Pony
1967 Dearborn Mustang Conv.
Wimbeldon White - Red
1984 SVO - 2A