Author Topic: emergency brake bracket color.  (Read 829 times)

Offline Sig 65

emergency brake bracket color.
« on: December 26, 2014, 01:12:55 AM »
Hello.  I am new to this forum and it seems like there is great collective knowledge here, and I am sure I will have lots of questions :)

I just got a 1965 convertible Mustang that I am restoring.  It has been painted dark blue on the outside and dash painted black, although it was originally white (whimbelton white?) and I want to get back to original color. 

- My question is if the brackets that hold the e-brake and the bracket that holds the lever for the air for the feet area should be painted same color as the dash or if they are black originally on a white dash?  As I was removing the black paint there might have been some white underneath, or maybe that was just the primer.

- Second question is what does the following quote mean exactly for the trim: "White Crinkle Vinyl with Blue Appointments"  (Code D2)

Thanks in advance,

Cheers,

-Sig

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
Re: emergency brake bracket color.
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2014, 09:36:41 AM »
The park brake handle slide housing under the dash would have been satin black.  The pull slide with the handle was zinc plated as well as the roller and pin.  The clasp was either natural dark appearance or cad plated.

D2 interior means everything is white except the padded dash covering, the carpet and seat belts, which are blue.  If a coupe, the rear package tray may be blue also.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline Sig 65

Re: emergency brake bracket color.
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2014, 11:29:48 AM »
Thank you so much.  :)