Author Topic: Replacement bottom door hinge--'67 with '66 version?  (Read 1082 times)

Offline drummingrocks

Replacement bottom door hinge--'67 with '66 version?
« on: December 09, 2014, 03:44:41 PM »
I'm kind of in a mess with my '67 coupe.  I bought a rebuild kit for the driver's side upper and lower door hinges, but it turns out the bottom hinge isn't repairable (believe me, I tried to save it).  I'd like to get the car back together as soon as possible, so I planned on just buying a reproduction lower hinge.

However, my original hinge resembles a '65-66 hinge, with the roller pin and detent plate.  It doesn't look anything like the reproduction '67-68 hinges that I'm finding online.  I've posted a picture of my original hinge below.  Is what's being advertised as a '65-66 repo hinge what I need to replace my original?  I'm not interested in switching to the later style; I just want to replace what was originally on the car. 

It's a Metuchen '67, built in Dec. '66.

My original hinge:
Too much junk, too little time.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Replacement bottom door hinge--'67 with '66 version?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 07:17:04 PM »
The change from cast to stamped steel hinges was one of the more than a hundred running changes in 67 that makes that year so much fun  ::) for restorers and judges of that year.

Sorry can't help with the interchange between the 66 and the 67 versions - others here surely will have an answer or we'll have to figure out one for you
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline ruppstang

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 08:14:14 PM »
Bret I may have a rebuild able 67, if you are interested PM me.
Marty

Offline drummingrocks

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 09:13:34 PM »
Bret I may have a rebuild able 67, if you are interested PM me.
Marty

Marty, PM sent.  Thanks!
Too much junk, too little time.