Author Topic: Correct Locking on 6 Cylinder Exhaust Manifold  (Read 4441 times)

Offline NEFaurora

Re: Correct Locking on 6 Cylinder Exhaust Manifold
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2014, 01:02:43 PM »

One would think that this would be brought to the attention of MCA, so they could adjust their rules on this issue.  It does make perfect sense that an engine built in Oct '65 would still be using Locking tabs though it was destined for a '66 car.

Thanks for the pics Jeff.  I've never ever seen Locking tabs on a '66 I6 engine.  It would appear that in first few months of '66 Production, Locking tabs are fully acceptable.  So if someone was having an very early '66 car judged, You might expect the locking tabs to be present.  Dave's 1966 was built in May 1966 (3 days away from my Sprint 200), so his car should and does have the correct Ramp-Lok Bolts.  He should have in no way been Dinged in points for having them as they are supposed to be there and are correct.  I would say an MCA correction is in order here.

:o)

Tony K.

Tony Kovar (NEFaurora@aol.com)
1965 Mustang Convertible 200 cid 3spd manual
1966 Mustang Convertible Sprint 200 C4 Auto
2007 Mustang Convertible V6 Auto with "Pony Package".
1966 Mustang Sprint 200 Registry Owner/Moderator
MCA#70001

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2014, 11:00:32 PM »
I would say an MCA correction is in order here.

The head judge's contact info is on the MCA website.  Only way to get things like this done is to go through proper channels.  Be prepared to show evidence and documentation.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2014, 08:37:20 PM »
Assistant Head Judge for the 65-66 should also be a contact point for input and chances - with documentation and supporting data as Charles mentioned
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)