Author Topic: MORE Deluxe Seat Questions on a 67  (Read 962 times)

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
MORE Deluxe Seat Questions on a 67
« on: May 27, 2014, 02:22:12 PM »
I see there have been a few threads about the lower seat trim. For example:
http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=5251.msg29433#msg29433
and within this post there is another page linked.
The question I have is...Is there a known date when the early design seat sides were updated to the 3-mounting bracket design.
It would be nice to see if it was generally around a specific date.
My 11/2/1966 SJ built came originally with the early type. I have one good drivers one without the side screw hole and one good passengers one WITH the side hole to replace the one that's been missing as long as I have owned it. (but I have no side bracket)

For whatever else it is worth, I am also interested in finding any lower seat trim PLASTIC pieces out there, even if they might be cracked or broken. I really would like to find another good right side trim without the hole to use, or a middle bracket to at least add in the middle screw to the late type I have. I have already bought several Deluxe bucket seats, w/ hard seat backs, w/seat stainless trim, I even have 2 of the impossible to find drivers lower trim (that of which I only need one) If anybody has any need for parts & pieces, my seats are basically done so I have some really good spare parts & pieces...pretty much more than enough to build another whole set (without any middle support brackets), less upholstery & new foam.

I hope I didn't step over the line on this post with "parts needed" but I feel it is pertinent to know the early and late build dates too
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: MORE Deluxe Seat Questions on a 67
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 01:02:40 AM »
The question I have is...Is there a known date when the early design seat sides were updated to the 3-mounting bracket design.
It would be nice to see if it was generally around a specific date.

Not that we have enough IMHO data to draw a conclusion at this point. The last Mustang from San Jose with the first version of the front trim I could find in my pictures with any confidence (later style has a sunken head and the mount extension often breaks off) was completed on Jan 27th

I have another one built on Feb 7th  and a few more after than but the later ones I can't be certain of the style/type they have 

Hope this helps
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)