Author Topic: 67 K Code - Engine accessory bolt heads. What gets painted?  (Read 950 times)

Offline roddster

That is the question.  The Osbourn assembly manuals tell you what type of plating is on the bolt.  The AMK and originals match that, but, seems some get engine blue and some don't.

1) The black stamped metal alternator brackets:  The two for the upper mount, on the water pump side.  Are they both blue paint?
       And the belt tensioner bracket, does the one on the water pump get blue paint?

2) The power steering black stamped bracket: the water pump side, the upper bolt is plated, but do you also paint it engine blue?  Same for the lower cadmium plated bolt to the water pump, is that painted or natural?

I ask because I don't understand Ford's mumbo-jumbo in the manual.  I know the engine was assembled and the accessories put on elsewhere.

As always, thanks.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 10:50:57 PM by J_Speegle »

Offline DTruitt

Re: Engine accessory bolt heads. What gets painted?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 11:58:31 AM »
What engine are you speaking of?

Danny
1968 Raven Black, S- Code, 4 spd., GT Fastback, San Jose, March 1968
1968 Candy Apple Red, J- Code, C-4, GT Convertable, San Jose, April 1968 (SOLD)
1968 Raven Black, R- Code, 4 spd., GT Coupe, Dearborn, April 1968
MCA Gold Card Judge

Offline roddster

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 03:50:48 PM »
Oops 289 hipo

Offline TLea

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 08:42:12 AM »
The only bolts that would have been painted would be any that attached timing cover, water pump and timing pointer. If any were re used to attach an accesory bracket they would have paint on them.
Tim Lea  Shelby concours judge MCA, SAAC, Mid America